Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) is a 3D printing process that uses a continuous filament of a thermoplastic material. Parts with desired mechanical properties can be produced by using different materials, i.e. PLA, ABS and TPU.
- Results of Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Prototypes of forged parts
- Setup jigs for roll forming machines
- Machine spare parts
- Ready-to-use parts
- Gaugers for quality control
- Molds for composite, silicon, etc. materials
NETFORM can perform generative design of parts prior to printing by using MSC Apex Generative Design.
Necessary information for 3D Printing:
- STL model of the part
- If generative design is requested, forces and moments acting on the part and stress threshold after optimization
- Other mechanical properties
- Infill density
- Surface quality
- Dimensional tolerances
- Build dimensions: 250x250x400mm
- Remark: Parts with one dimension bigger than 240mm can be placed diagonally or produced as jigsaw-like interlocking parts.
- Materials: PLA / ABS / TPU
- Accuracy: +/- 0.1 mm