Simufact is a software producer located in Germany which develops numerical simulation software packages for the metal forming, joining, welding and additive manufacturing processes. Simufact is a MSC Software group company which is a part of Hexagon.
Simufact Welding is designed for simulating welding processes in the manufacturing industry. Practice oriented user interface enables the welding specialist to access most complex simulation technology in a very easy way. Following processes can be simulated by using Simufact Welding.
- Arc welding (MIG/MAG/TIG/GMA, etc.)
- Laser welding
- Electron beam welding (EBW)
- Resistance spot welding (RSW)
Addition to welding processes, following applications can be simulated with Simufact Welding.
- Stress relief
- Mechanical tests (e.g. tensile / bending test)
Following parameters can be investigated by using Simufact Welding.
- Depth of penetration
- Temperature distribution during welding / heat affected zone
- Stress distribution during and after welding (residual stresses)
- Phase transformation (only steel materials)
- Mechanical properties after welding